Meeting the physical and psychological demands of a survival situation depends largely on many factors. Having the ability to identify and assess key factors in a survival situation while developing a formulated plan to execute makes the difference between success and failure. The Advanced Survival Course, with a focus of a long term no rescue situation, was developed to meet the needs of the advanced woodsmen who are willing to take their experience to a new level. Hard skills are intertwined with physical and psychological stressors to create a one of a kind survival learning experience.
Field and Classwork:
• Enhanced mental and physical survival evaluation
• Scenario based skill assessments throughout the class
• Survival protocol development
• Advanced terrain and navigation techniques
• Development of friction fire from a wilderness landscape
• Resource and tool development around water
• Realities of food procurement
• Developmental strategies of securing upland resources
• Fixed Blade Knife
• Wool Blanket
• 50’ Paracord
• Ferrocerium Rod
• 40oz Water Bottle
• Headlamp with Spare Batteries
• Notepad and Pencil/Pen
• Backpack or Haversack to carry above items
• This course is developed for indivduals 16 years of age and older
• Individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
• Further logistics, such as lodging and exact meeting location will be emailed to students upon
• Basic Survival Course and Basic Bushcraft Course
Development of long term wilderness living skills.
Further logistics, such as lodging information and exact location will be emailed to students upon registration.