Meeting the physical and psychological demands of a survival situation depends largely on having the ability to identify key factors and create a successful plan. The Advanced Survival Course focuses on the long-term, no rescue survival situation. It was developed to meet the needs of the advanced outdoor adventurer who is willing to take their experience to a new level. Building from the Basic Survival Course, students will learn advanced skill sets that focus on self-rescue and food procurement. The class will also cover friction fire and advanced land navigation.This scenario-based training combined with the skills learned will create a one of a kind survival learning experience.
This class is 3 days 2 nights.
FIELD AND CLASSWORK:
- Mental and Physical Survival Evaluation
- Scenario-based skill assessments throughout the class
- Survival Priorities
- Advanced Terrain and Navigation Techniques
- Friction Fire
- Primitive Trapping
- Primitive Fishing
- Game Processing
- Fixed Blade Knife
- T6Zero Emergency Tarp (coming soon)
- Wool Blanket or Sleeping Quilt
- 200' Bankline
- 100’ Paracord
- Ferrocerium Rod
- Suunto MCB Compass
- 2 - Signal Flags
- 40oz Water Bottle
- Metal Cup for Cooking and Drinking
- Headlamp with Spare Batteries
- Notepad and Pencil/Pen
- Students are permitted to bring Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Tea
- One of the Following Choices
- Option 1: 3 Prepacked Protein Bars (ie Cliff Bars, Bobo Bar, Metrx Bars, or something similar)
- Option 2: 3 Packets of Tuna, Chicken, Fish, Sardines
- Option 3: 1lb of All-Purpose Flour
- Backpack or Haversack to carry above items
- LEVEL OF PHYSICALITY: 8 out of 10
Students will be faced with survival-based tasks that may last late into the night. Food will be limited during this course. Students will also be moving around daily throughout the school property.
- Students will stay on school grounds during the course and sleep in tarp shelters we teach during the course.
- PortaJohn Bathrooms are available on-site.
- Students will NOT have access to their vehicles during class.
- Cellphones are permitted during the course.
- Students are not allowed food other than what is listed on the required gear list.
Minimum age of 18. Anyone under 18 must have prior approval from our school. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.