Meeting the physical and psychological demands of a survival situation depends largely on having the ability to identify key factors and create a successful plan. The Advanced Survival Course focuses on the long-term, no rescue survival situation. It was developed to meet the needs of the advanced outdoor adventurer who is willing to take their experience to a new level. Building from the Basic Survival Course, students will learn advanced skill sets that focus on self-rescue and food procurement. The class will also cover friction fire and advanced land navigation.This scenario-based training combined with the skills learned will create a one of a kind survival learning experience.
FIELD AND CLASSWORK:
- Mental and Physical Survival Evaluation
- Scenario-based skill assessments throughout the class
- Survival Priorities
- Advanced Terrain and Navigation Techniques
- Friction Fire
- Primitive Trapping
- Primitive Fishing
- Game Processing
- Fixed Blade Knife
- T6Zero Emergency Tarp (coming soon)
- Wool Blanket or Sleeping Quilt
- 200' Bankline
- 100’ Paracord
- Ferrocerium Rod
- Suunto MCB Compass
- 2 - Signal Flags
- 40oz Water Bottle
- Metal Cup for Cooking and Drinking
- Headlamp with Spare Batteries
- Notepad and Pencil/Pen
- Students are permitted to bring Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Tea
- One of the Following Choices
- Option 1: 3 Prepacked Protein Bars (ie Cliff Bars, Bobo Bar, Metrx Bars, or something similar)
- Option 2: 3 Packets of Tuna, Chicken, Fish, Sardines
- Option 3: 1lb of All-Purpose Flour
- Backpack or Haversack to carry above items
- LEVEL OF PHYSICALITY: 8 out of 10
Students will be faced with survival-based tasks that may last late into the night. Food will be limited during this course. Students will also be moving around daily throughout the school property.
- Students will stay on school grounds during the course and sleep in tarp shelters we teach during the course.
- PortaJohn Bathrooms are available on-site.
- Students will NOT have access to their vehicles during class.
- Cellphones are permitted during the course.
- Students are not allowed food other than what is listed on the required gear list.