Come hang with us! Literally, come hang with us and learn something cool.
The Modern Bushcraft Course will explore the modern amenities of camp life. During this course we will examine how modern camping equipment in conjunction with classic camp skills can create an unforgettable outdoor experience. We will cover everything from hammock use to making medicine in the field.
This course is sponsored by UCO Gear, Gerber Knives, Dutchware Hammocks, and Coalcracker Bushcraft!
You will receive free swag!!!!!
FIELD AND CLASSWORK
- Hammock Use and Setup
- Hammock and Ultralight Sleeping Options
- Splicing Modern Ropes
- Camp Cooking
- Various Knife and Cutting Techniques
- Classic Bushcraft Camp Hacks
- Wild Edibles
- Medicinal Plants
- Traditional Ground Camping Tarp Setups
- T6Zero Overview and Use
- Fixed Blade Knife
- Fire Starter of Your Choice (bring what you carry)
- Personal Camp Gear (sleeping bags, hammocks, etc.)
- Cup, Bowl, Fork/Spoon
- Headlamp with Spare Batteries
- Notepad and Pencil/Pen
- LEVEL OF PHYSICALITY: 4 out of 10
Students will move around the school property throughout the day at a leisurely pace.
- Start time: 8:30 am
- Location of Training: Ringtown, Pennsylvania
- The primary focus of this course is to further expand the student's knowledge of Modern Camping Gear.
- Students will stay on school grounds during the course.
- PortaJohn Bathrooms are available on-site.
- Students will have access to their vehicles during class.
- We suggest packing nonperishable foods/snacks for the day - convenient during break times.
- We recommend bringing 1-2 gallons of water for personal use and hydration.
2 Days / 1 Night