Learn to blacksmith, touch up on your skills, or pick up some new tricks! Blacksmithing is such a fun, useful, and exciting hobby. Here at the Bushman School we decided that we need to share our love for bending iron with everyone. We have always taught blacksmithing at our Bushman Course but that leaves out everyone else who isn't ready to that class yet. So here you all go. Learn how to set up, use, and master the blacksmith shop!
Enjoy two full days of working at the forge and crafting items to take home with you!
FIELD AND CLASSWORK
- Blacksmith Equipment
- Building a Forge
- Understanding Basic Hammer Work
- Technical metal work will include: Pointing, Drawing, Fullering, Hot Cutting, Punching
- Forging projects will include Flint and Steel Striker, Blanket Pin, S Hook, Fid, Cooking Irons, Trap Spring Knife
- Basics of Bladesmithing
- Safety Glasses
- Leather Welding Gloves
- Workshop Apron
- Notepad and Pencil
- We recommend long sleeve shirt, long pants, and leather work boots
Be advised this class is limited to 10 students!!!!
- LEVEL OF PHYSICALITY: 4 out of 10
Students will be forging the majority of the day so bring your muscles!
- Location of Training: Ringtown, Pennsylvania
- Start Time: 9:00 am
- The primary focus of this course is for students to gain a better understanding of how to blacksmith.
- Port-a-John Bathrooms are available on-site
- Students will have access to their vehicles during class.
- We suggest packing nonperishable foods/snacks for the day. It makes it easier for you during break times.
- Freshwater is available on-site. Recommended bringing 1-2 gallons of additional water.
- Meals are the responsibility of the student.
Minimum age of 14. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult.