Helping individuals create a better understanding of the wilderness through a wide range of classes.
Choose a Course to Get Started
Introduction to Wilderness Skills for Women
A Range of Survival and Bushcraft Training Courses
At Coalcracker Bushcraft, we offer numerous woodsman training courses to teach you how to stay safe while enjoying the outdoors. Our wilderness school classes include:
- Basic Bushcraft: During this course, you'll learn how to create and maintain a balanced wilderness living situation — from crafting woodland supplies to repairing equipment.
- Basic Survival: This course teaches you essential skills and concepts to use in an outdoor emergency.
- Advanced Bushcraft: This course teaches you how to create and fix tools, preserve your gear, and use critical thinking skills to keep your outdoor adventures stress-free.
- Advanced Survival: This course focuses on long-term, no-rescue survival. You'll learn advanced self-rescue, food procurement, friction fire and land navigation skills, combined with scenario-based training, for a one-of-a-kind learning experience.
Bushman Class: This course combines survival and bushcraft skills to explore long-term, sustainable wilderness living. It focuses on food procurement, tool and furniture construction, and problem troubleshooting.
- Coalcracker Kid: This fun, relaxed class introduces kids to the exciting world of bushcraft and survival. Kids and parents will learn everything from how to plan a wilderness trip to staying safe if lost.
- Introduction to Wilderness Skills for Women: This all-female class taught by a female instructor is perfect for women interested in camping and outdoor survival but hesitant to commit to our traditional Bushcraft and Survival courses. Ladies will learn essential outdoor skills, gear selection tips, survival priorities, wilderness crafting and camp setup.
- Modern Bushcraft: This bushcraft course teaches you how to combine contemporary camping equipment with classic camp skills to create an unforgettable outdoor experience. It covers everything from making medicine to using hammocks.
- Navigation: This course teaches you the fundamentals of direction and travel before progressing to advanced skills like route planning and using a map and compass.