Cooking and eating around the campfire is always a focus at camp and if you know anything about the Coalcracker Crew you know we love, absolutely love to eat and drink. So why not share all our experience with everyone. Our on staff professional Chef and Instructor Jody will walk you through an amazing weekend of woodland eating. From trail foods to fine dining in the dirt we will cover it all.
FIELD AND CLASSWORK
- 4 Types of Cooking
- Camp Cooking Systems
- Woodland Cook Systems
- Cooking Breads
- Fish and Game
- Soup, Stew, and Chowders
- Wild Edibles
- Meal Planning for the Trail
- Food Preservation
- Campfire Desserts
- Fixed Blade Knife
- Welding Gloves
- Cast Iron Pan
- Dutch Oven
- Wooden Spatula
- Notepad and Pencil/Pen
- Favorite Beer or Wine (optional but highly recommended)
- LEVEL OF PHYSICALITY: 3 out of 10
- Students will be eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks on day 1 and breakfast and lunch day 2. ALL FOOD WILL BE PROVIDED
- Class Location: Ringtown, Pennsylvania
- Class Start Time: 9:00 am
- Students are welcome to stay on grounds between nights 1 and 2.
- Students are welcome to bring traditional tents such as wall tents, hot tents, tipis for this course.
- PortaJohn Bathrooms are available on-site
- Students will have access to their vehicles during class.
- Students over 21 are welcome to have a few casual alcoholic drinks.
Minimum age of 16.