Wild Edibles and Medicinal Plant Course
Our Edible and Medicinal class is going to teach students what they need to know about finding, identifying, and using plants and trees. During this course students will learn about what plants you and and can't eat along with how plants and trees can be made into medicine plus much more.
Our outdoor experts will lead a group of students through different phases of learning both through lecture, field work, and hands on demonstrations.
Have you ever walked through the woods or even in your backyard and wondered what trees and plants are surrounding you? Ever wonder if any of those weeds you are pulling out are poisonous or edible? We can help with that.
This course is designed to enlighten students to what is around them when they are outside. There are so many useful items you pass by each day.
Field and Classwork
- Create a Field Journal
- Tree Identification
- Plant Identification
- Proper Harvesting of Materials
- Salve and Tinture Making
- How to Properly use Field Guide Books
- Modern Technology Identification
- Metal Water Bottle with Metal Cup
- 500ml - 750ml Metal Pot with lid
- 2 Bandanas
- Notepad and Pencil
- Pocket knife
- Work/Gardening Gloves
- 1 Gallon of Spring Water
- Haversack or Bag to Carry Items
- LEVEL OF PHYSICALITY: 2 out of 10
Students will move around the school property throughout the day at a leisurely pace.
- Start time: 9:00 am
- End Time : 3:00 pm
- Location of Training: Ringtown, Pennsylvania
- The primary focus of this course is to expand the student's knowledge of plants and trees.
- Port-a-John Bathrooms are available on-site
- Students will have access to their vehicles during class.
- We suggest packing nonperishable foods/snacks for the day. It makes it easier for you during break times.
- Freshwater is available on-site. Recommended bringing 1-2 gallons of additional water.
- Meals are the responsibility of the student.
Minimum age of 13