Advanced Bushcraft Course
In our advanced bushcraft class, you can learn, refine and apply everything you know about outdoor readiness. This four-day, three-night course is for students who have completed our basic bushcraft class and can't wait to learn more.
Our bushcraft experts lead a group of students through various challenges and learning opportunities in the great outdoors. In this course, you will refine your advanced bushcraft skills, critical thinking, tool making and preparedness.
Do more with less. Understand how to utilize your gear and the environment around you to maximize the comforts of camp life. The Advanced Bushcraft Course will explore and examine critical thinking skills, along with learning how to preserve and maintain your gear in the field. Fixing tools, creating tools, and being stress-free during any outdoor adventure is the goal. Living minimally, with an understanding of living optimally, is the goal.
FIELD AND CLASSWORK
- Understanding Long Term Sustainability
- Kit Development for Long Term Living
- Building Pack Frames
- Glues and Binding Agents
- Advanced Tarp Shelters
- Saws: Nomenclature, Use, and Creation
- Binding and Weaving
- Candle Making
- Axe Repair in the Field
- Fixed Blade Knife
- 16’’ to 24” Forest Axe
- Bowsaw Blade (dry wood preferred)
- 100' Bankline
- 100' Paracord
- 25' 1" Nylon Webbing
- Oilskin Tarp
- Queen Wool Blanket
- Gum Blanket
- 1lb Gulf Wax
- Cup and Spoon for Eating
- Flint and Steel Firemaking Kit
- Extra Flint Stones
- 2 Tin Containers
- Small Glass Jar
- Hemp Twine
- Crafting Needles
- S Needle
- Headlamp with Spare Batteries
- Notepad and Pencil/Pen
- LEVEL OF PHYSICALITY: 4 out of 10
Students will move around the school property throughout the day at a leisurely pace.
- Start time: 9:00 am
- Location of Training: Ringtown, Pennsylvania
- The primary focus of this course is to expand the student's knowledge on how to maximize the resources mother nature provides.
- Students will stay on school grounds during the course and sleep in tarp shelters we teach during the course.
- PortaJohn Bathrooms are available on-site
- Students will have access to their vehicles during class.
- We suggest packing nonperishable foods/snacks for the day. It makes it easier for you during break times.
- Freshwater is available on-site. Recommended bringing 1-2 gallons of additional water.
- Meals are the responsibility of the student.
Minimum age of 18. Anyone under 18 must have prior approval from our school. Please email us at email@example.com for approval.
4 Days / 3 Nights